The Scholarship program has closed for the year. Winners will be announced shortly.
Applicants with the following qualifications will be matched to the Great Lakes Bay Manufacturing Scholarship:
Part of the Great Lakes Bay Manufacturers Association's goals is to educate today's local youth on the world of manufacturing and the rich history in the region. Since 1912 manufacturing has played an important role in Michigan and the Great Lakes Bay Region.
The purpose of our teacher grant is to provide a funding source where the general budget or other funding sources may not cover.
• Must be a teacher at a public, private, parochial, charter or home school association/group
• Must be in one of the following Michigan counties: Arenac, Bay, Iosco, Midland, Saginaw, or Tuscola
• Grant request can be up to $500; Multiple grants will be awarded
• Grants can be used for busing, speakers, off-site event lunches, field trips, equipment, or materials not available through traditional means
• Grants are due October 1, 2020, for the first half of the 2020-2021 school year. Awards will be announced October 30, 2020
• You may attach an event flyer, quote for items or cost of transportation, statement of scope, and/or budget for the event. Providing additional information is an option but helpful in determining grant need should we have multiple applications
For additional questions additional, please contact Tanya Blehm,
989-964-2881 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Simple easy on-line scholarship application. Click to apply now!
Think you’re pretty good at solving 3D puzzles? Put that assumption to the test in Cube Cut, a 3D spatial reasoning puzzle game where you carve into cubes to try and match blueprints. Don’t mess up or else your cube gets scrapped and you have to start all over. Cube Cut starts out easy but gets more difficult as you rank up from trainee to apprentice and beyond. Customize your cube with crazy colors as you level up.
See if you have the spatial awareness needed to succeed in high-demand jobs like machinist, CNC machine operator, welder, and technician. Play well enough in this game and you will be pointed to real-life career opportunities in these fields.
Cube Cut was developed by Catalyst Connection and Simcoach Games, thanks to generous funding from the Chevron Foundation and the Benedum Foundation, to build awareness of the career opportunities in manufacturing.
Mechanical aptitude: the ability to understand and apply mechanical concepts and principles to solve problems. Do you have it or don’t you? The idea can be scary to consider, especially if you know that you have to take a mechanical aptitude test as part of the hiring process. However, most people don’t realize that they are using mechanical aptitude principles in their everyday lives!
MechLife drives the point home that the everyday person already has a grasp of mechanical concepts, whether they realize it or not. Play as an aspiring manufacturing employee as he prepares for an upcoming interview. Encounter quirky situations at home that need your attention in this short but engaging story. As you get ready for your upcoming interview, you begin to realize that the quirky situations you are encountering do a great job of preparing you for the questions on the mechanical aptitude test!
MechLife aims to prepare future candidates for typical mechanical aptitude tests that are a part of the hiring process for many manufacturing organizations. MechLife was developed by Catalyst Connection and Simcoach Games, thanks to generous funding from the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development.