Part of the Great Lakes Bay Manufacturers Association's goal is to educate today's local youth on the world of manufacturing and the rich history in the region. Since 1912 manufacturing has played an important role in Michigan and the Great Lakes Bay Region.
The purpose of our teacher grant is to provide a funding source where the general budget or other funding sources may not cover.
• Must be a teacher at a public, private, parochial, charter or home school association/group
• Must be in one of the following Michigan counties: Arenac, Bay, Iosco, Midland, Saginaw, or Tuscola
• Grant request can be up to $500; Multiple grants will be awarded
• Grants can be used for busing, speakers, off-site event lunches, field trips, equipment, or materials not available through traditional means
• Grants are due October 1, for the first half of the school year. Awards will be announced October 30, each year. Second half grants are due February 1 and announced March 1st each year.
• You may attach an event flyer, quote for items or cost of transportation, statement of scope, and/or budget for the event. Providing additional information is an option but helpful in determining grant need should we have multiple applications
For additional questions additional, please contact
Tanya Blehm, 989-964-2881 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Simple easy on-line grant application.
The education grant provided by the GLBMA was able to provide the Essexville Hampton Public Schools girls coding club with multiple 3D printers that we will use to build student skill sets, confidence, and self efficacy in regards to engineering. We are grateful for the opportunity to partner with the GLBMA in bringing a much needed technology to the forefront of both our girls coding club and our school district.
- Ethan Shannon